37 Yang Style Taijiquan
Taijiquan (pronounced Tai Chi Chuan) is a discipline that challenges conceptions about awareness, mobilization, and lastly martial contact. Practitioners learn to connect soft tissues and align their physical structure which relieves habitual muscular tension and helps to restore natural postural alignments.
Our Taijiquan syllabus is designed around Huang Xing Xian 37 Yang Style Taijiquan. The syllabus follows a classical approach to Taijiquan training which features:
- Structural alignment
- Sung – an “internal” skill for releasing muscular tension
- Ting – an “internal” skill for connecting to internal energy, its movement, and its regulation
Training revolves around the development of practical skills in a progressive development:
- Ji Ben Gong – physical conditioning – ongoing
- Ba Men – (8 Gates) – ideal for newcomers and continuing development
- 37 Step Yang Style – first section
- 37 Step Yang Style – full form
- Tui Shou – Push Hands, developed alongside
Yang 37 – Ba Men
The biggest issue for students between classes is access to material. We provide online written and media content to help you develop your skills.